With ABBYY PhoneGrabber, you can use your iPhone 4, 3GS or 3G to place calls found in a newspaper, magazine, or on a business card.
To run the application on an iPhone 3G, you need iOS 3.1 and a Griffin Clarifi case.
All you need to do is take a photo of a printed phone number and select an action—call this number using your iPhone, save the number, or forward it by e-mail or SMS.
PhoneGrabber uses ABBYY’s Mobile OCR Technology to capture phone numbers from any printed text, including newspapers, advertisements, and business cards.
Captured phone numbers can immediately be edited, saved to an address book, copied to the clipboard, or forwarded by e-mail or SMS.
With PhoneGrabber you will no longer need to enter phone numbers by hand. You can also easily save useful contacts.
The application works on iPhone 4, 3GS, and 3G devices. To run the application on an iPhone 3G, you need iOS 3.1 and a Griffin Clarifi case.
– Immediately dial a captured number
– Edit, save, and copy phone numbers to the clipboard
– Create a new contact or add a address to an existing one
– Forward captured phone numbers by e-mail or SMS
– Store photos of phone numbers on your iPhone
– Capture and use phone numbers from photos stored on your iPhone