The Calendar Alarm app is the long awaited feature missing on the native iPhone Calendar: an alarm that rings long and loud instead of the given soft and short beep beep. Calendar Alarm syncs with the native calendar and adds an alarm with a sound of your choice. In version 1.10 (expected last week of September) a snooze function and customized sounds for different calendars are added.
Calendar Alarm syncs with the native Calendar and other calendars supported by the iPhone/iPod. And then sets local notifications for an alarm/alert with a sound of your choice. The only thing you have to do is start or activate the Calendar Alarm app, after you have set your appointments and alerts in your default iPhone Calendar. Built on top of the system calendar database ensures Calendar Alarm works seamlessly together with all iPhone supported calendars. Once set the Calendar Alarm alerts will notify you, also if the iPhone screen is locked and/or the Calendar Alarm app is turned off.
There are 12 sounds to choose between and these sounds ring for 10 or 30 seconds. Some of these sounds are very penetrating and can’t be avoided, even in busy places. Others, the bells for example are more suited for peaceful reminders of your appointments.
To summarize the main features version for version 1.10
– All upcoming Calendar events are listed and can be fully edited.
– Clearly indicates for which Calendar events alarms are set.
– Snooze function with intervals of your choice.
– Events can be added/deleted.
– Pick the sound of your choice.
– Set the length of the sound.
– Customizes sound for different calendars.
– Works seamlessly together with all iPhone supported calendars.
– Does not decrease battery life.
– Alarms are set local, no need to be online.
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone and iPod Touch. Requires OS4.0 or later.