The Wolfram Travel Assistant is your ultimate travel guide to aid you during planning and as an on-the-go vacationer. Whether by air or by land, this app has everything you need to know–from flight details, gas prices, and currency calculations, to national parks and local geographic information. Impress your distant relatives by knowing more about their hometowns than they do!
– Compute flight information, including departure and arrival times, delays, and missed flight alternatives
– Compare airline data, including average number of flights per day, average number of people per flight, and average on-time arrivals
– Learn about gas prices in different cities along your journey and calculate the cost of gas
– View local and country maps and compute distances between locations
– Perform currency conversions based on the current exchange rate and calculate the tip or how to split the bill
– Access area statistics, including tourism facts, cost of living, U.S. sales tax rates, and crime rates by city
– Look up ZIP codes, calling codes, voltage information, local holidays, nearby hospitals, and more
– Anticipate jet lag by computing time zones relative to your current location
– Compare annual climates and average temperatures and access up-to-date weather forecasts to help you pick your destination
– Look up geographic information to find waterfalls, volcanoes, parks, and more along your way
The Wolfram Travel Assistant is powered by the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine and is created by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica—the world’s leading software system for mathematical research and education.
The Wolfram Travel Assistant draws on the computational power of Wolfram|Alpha’s supercomputers over 2G, 3G, or WiFi connection.